News Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 09:30
Human Development and Social Justice Lab (HDSJ)
2023 Postdoctoral Fellow
The Human Development and Social Justice Research Lab (HDSJ) invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow position starting Fall 2023. The postdoctoral scholar will work directly with Dr. Celia Fisher. We are seeking an early career scientist who is committed to research that advances health equity for BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and economically marginalized children, youth and young adults in areas including social determinants of sexual health, substance use and social media and offline discrimination. The fellow will also be expected to develop and execute their own projects.
• The fellow will play a collaborative and leadership role in project design, implementation, analysis, publication, grant writing, and mentoring graduate and undergraduate student lab members.
• The fellow will join staff, faculty and students in planning and participating in programmed events sponsored by the Psychology Department, the Center for Ethics Education, and the HIV/Drug Abuse Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute.
• The fellowship also includes an option for teaching and opportunities for funding fellow-initiated research, grant applications and travel to professional meetings.
• A doctorate in psychology, public health, or relevant social science disciplines awarded no later than June 2023.
• Strong theoretical, design and quantitative skills including survey development, qualitative and mixed-method designs and advanced multivariate analyses.
• Established productivity as lead author on articles published in peer-reviewed journals
• Experience recruiting and working collaboratively with socially marginalized communities
• Demonstrated commitment to a social justice research agenda
• Demonstrated research experience in the social determinants of health in one or more of the following areas: HIV and other sexual health risks, substance use and mental health; and/or risk and resilience in response to stigma and discrimination among LGBTQ+ or BIPOC children, youth or young adults.
This is a full-time, full benefits appointment. The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of renewal for an additional year. Salary is between $58,500 - $70,000 commensurate with experience.
How to Apply. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, statement of research interests, two or more first authored publications; and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Fisher email@example.com. Please put “2023 HDSJ Posdoc” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
The following links are available to learn more about our HDSJ Lab, the HIV/Drug Abuse Prevention Research Ethics Institute and the Center for Ethics Education.
Resources are available for those struggling with addiction and numerous effective treatments exist. Whether you are looking for help for yourself or a loved one, we encourage you to seek out help.