Research Scientist opening at Wellbridge Addiction Treatment and Research
News Date: Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 11:45
RESEARCH SCIENTIST for Wellbridge Addiction Treatment and Research Center https://wellbridge.org/
The Research Scientist will work closely with the Wellbridge scientific and leadership team to plan and implement research center activities. Is responsible for day-to-day management of all research activities on the Wellbridge Residential Campus. Works closely with senior leadership to create a high level of coordination between clinical and research functions. Works closely with the Research Center Director to programmatically build out the research infrastructure and activities and widely publicize center findings and seek external sources of support.
- Works with Wellbridge leadership to align the Research Center mission and activities with Wellbridge’s vision and goals.
- Works under the supervision of Research Center Director to plan research protocols, oversee implementation of research protocols (including data collection, quality control, data management, report writing, and presentation of scientific findings), implement a “learning laboratory” culture where clinical and research staff work collaboratively, participates in preparation of research products and grant applications, supervise research staff, help create and monitor research program budgets, and develop and maintain collaborative relationships with other academic institutions and research scientists.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology (Clinical/ Counseling preferred), or Social Work
- Minimum 2 years of related postdoctoral work experience in clinical research (significant experience with substance use disorders (SUD) preferred).
- Authored/co-authored publications in peer reviewed scientific journals
- Experience managing and prioritizing various projects
- Ability to create a positive, respectful, collaborative, and team-focused environment.
- $80K-130K w/competitive benefits package; salary based on experience
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Wellbridge Addiction Treatment and Research, with cc to Nehal Vadhan, PhD (Associate Professor, Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell), email@example.com