News Date: Sunday, July 8, 2018 - 18:00
We have need for a part-time research interviewer for two clinical trials taking place in Tennessee. The clinical trials are for a new treatment for young adults (ages 17-23) with mental illness and/or alcohol and other drug use disorders who are involved with the justice system. The treatment goal is to reduce new arrests, mental health and/or alcohol and drug abuse symptoms, and increase capacities for productive adult life. Interviewers will be blind to the condition the young adult is randomized into – the new treatment versus the control condition. Position involves conducting research interviews in the Johnson City area. The interviews are conducted in the community (e.g., participant homes, local libraries, etc.). Extensive training and supervision is provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Interviewer will be responsible for conducting all initial and follow-up interviews with participants. Research participants include 17-23 year olds and collateral informants (e.g., parents, friends, significant others).
· Interviews are conducted in the community (e.g., participant homes, local libraries).
· Interviewers will be supervised on a weekly basis and have contact with their supervisor as needed.
· Participate in 20-30 hours of paid training
· Exchange research materials with the provider organization
· Research cell phone and laptop will be provided
· Careful record keeping
· Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in psychology, social work, criminal justice, or a related field
· Needs own reliable transportation
· Pass a comprehensive criminal background check
· Previous research interviewing or clinical experience highly desireable
· Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule to match the needs of the participants (must be available mornings, afternoons, and weekends)
· Work independently from a home office environment
· Computer proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $0.00 to $25.00 /hour