Reminder to renew your Div 50 membership!
News Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 09:15
It’s that time of year! Your Division 50 Membership Committee chairs, are gently reminding you to renew your Division 50 membership :-)
You should have recently received a personalized link to renew while APA’s membership website is undergoing changes. If you have any problems renewing or want to do so on the phone, you can call the membership office at 1-800-374-2721 or be in touch with one of us chairs. (Note: Even when going through the APA websites/phone lines, you can request to be a member of Division 50 with or without a general APA membership.)
Also, encourage your colleagues, students and mentees to join! Here are a few reasons why:
- Division 50 membership offers an extensive collaborative network with renown addiction psychologists.
- Being a Division 50 member provides opportunities for division involvement via committee participation, which supports the field of addiction psychology while helping you to advance your professional career and expand your professional network.
- The Collaborative Perspectives on Addiction (CPA) annual meeting is quickly approaching andDivision 50 members get discounted CPA conference registration.
- You don’t have to be a member of APA to be a member of Division 50, BUT being a member of both offers additional benefits, including the opportunity to run for executive board positions in annual elections.
Did you know that membership can be particularly beneficial for students? Student membership is:
- A great way to grow your professional network and help you identify potential postdoctoral and internship opportunities with world renown psychologists
- An easy and fun way to build your CV! Division 50 offers a plethora of opportunities for student involvement and committee service.
- Affordable! Did you know student membership is only $12.50 per year (without journal subscription)?
Please let Dr. Susan Collins or Dr. Lauren Hoffman know if you have any questions about new or renewing memberships.
Susan Collins, PhD, Membership Committee Chair
Lauren Hoffman, PhD, Membership Committee Vice Chair