News Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 09:00
Dr. Sean Lane in the Department of Psychological Sciences at Purdue University invites applications for a full-time postdoctoral fellow position to focus on one or more substantive areas across clinical, quantitative, and social psychology. Primary responsibilities would be to develop independent research projects and contribute to ongoing projects, secondary data analyses, and manuscripts (e.g., diurnal and episodic emotion dysregulation/instability, everyday life substance use dynamics, relational antecedents/consequents). The Fellow will also receive mentorship in applying for independent external funding (NIH F, K mechanisms; NSF SPRF). The initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for additional years based on satisfactory performance.
In addition to their primary research, the Fellow will also have the option to become involved in an NIH-funded large-scale interdisciplinary project developing improved methods for statistical power analysis. More information about this project can be found here (https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fprojectreporter.nih.gov%2Fproject_info_description.cfm%3Faid%3D9787254%26map%3Dy&data=04%7C01%7Cjulianne.price%40rutgers.edu%7C5731ef3125f84bd5773b08d8d2ed0841%7Cb92d2b234d35447093ff69aca6632ffe%7C1%7C0%7C637491262779073286%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jpthyhe2MOsFlR%2B6OsV%2BMP2nSSn%2BPp1k%2F6UoVlkq7Ik%3D&reserved=0).
• PhD (or equivalent) in Clinical, Quantitative, or Social Psychology, or a related field, conferred by the expected start date
• Substantial expertise in one or more of the following areas: substance use, mood/personality disorders, emotion, and/or close relationships
• Excellent academic writing ability
• Expertise in psychological research methods, multilevel modeling, machine learning, cluster/mixture analysis, and/or meta-analysis
• Expertise in one or more of the following statistical tools: Matlab, Mplus, python, R, SAS
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter
3. 1-3 representative manuscripts or other products demonstrating relevant expertise
4. Please arrange for 2-3 letters of recommendation to be submitted to email@example.com
Candidates should apply by March 14, 2021, but all applications will be considered until the positions are filled. Start date is negotiable but no later than August 16, 2021. Questions about the positions can be addressed to Dr. Sean Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
Purdue University is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, parental status, or protected veteran status. The Lane Relational Emotional and Addictive Coregulation across Time Lab is an inclusive and diverse teams of scholars. We welcome individuals of all identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Dr. Lane has completed Safe Zone, Trans Inclusion, and Green Zone training.