News Date: Sunday, February 10, 2019 - 13:15
Substance Use Disorder Psychologist/Therapist
Park Nicollet Pain Clinic
St. Louis Park, MN
The Park Nicollet Behavioral Health Department is a large, multi-disciplinary group which provides comprehensive mental health services. We are seeking a FT Substance Use Disorder Psychologist/Therapist for our Pain Clinic in our St. Louis Park location. This position functions as a member of an inter-disciplinary treatment team providing direct care services to individuals, families and groups struggling with chronic pain, substance use, and co-occurring primary behavioral health conditions.
1. Provide direct behavioral health care services, including assessment and individual, family, and group psychotherapy to patients presenting with co-occurring substance use disorders and primary behavioral health conditions.
2. Provide coordination and continuity of care when multiple modalities of behavioral health care are required by patients, or when multiple providers are involved in the patient’s care.
3. Maintain communication with HealthPartners/Park Nicollet medical personnel and with outside professionals, agencies, and institutions as needed to coordinate the behavioral health care of patients.
4. Provide evening, weekend and holiday on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
5. Maintain records and reports documenting all contacts with patients in accordance with departmental and professional standards.
6. Provide case consultation to other HealthPartners/Park Nicollet behavioral health and medical staff, utilizing specialized skill and knowledge, such as knowledge of particular clinical issues, populations, treatment approaches and assessment methods.
7. Actively manage caseload in order to meet individual and team productivity goals.
8. Participate in interdisciplinary team planning, program development, professional development, quality improvement activities, and intra and inter-departmental committees, task forces and projects, as requested by management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Doctoral or Master’s Degree in a recognized behavioral health discipline.
· Licensure as a Licensed Psychologist (LP) or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
· 3+ years of direct clinical experience providing Diagnostic Assessments and treatment to those with substance use disorders.
· MN Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (or equivalent from another state) and experience with treatment of individuals who have an opioid use disorder ispreferred.
· Experience and/or training in pain management techniques is preferred.
We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.
Park Nicollet Health Services, which includes Park Nicollet Clinic, TRIA and Methodist Hospital, has been repeatedly recognized nationally for quality improvement and care activities. Park Nicollet clinic is one of the largest multispecialty clinics in the United States, with over 700 clinicians providing care in 45 medical/surgical specialties and subspecialties.
For immediate consideration, please email CV to Jennifer Bredeson, Clinician Recruitment, Park Nicollet Health Services, firstname.lastname@example.org Apply online at http://www.parknicollet.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class